At Local Roots Market and Cafe, you can find almost everything you need for your holiday feast (except the cranberry sauce):
• Several producer members have turkeys available for order; ask at the register for more information.
• Plenty of good produce continues to fill the market, from potatoes and squash to a variety of greens and root crops.
• Enjoy locally-made snacks, from fresh black bean hummus and corn tortilla chips to crackers and artisan cheeses.
• Toast the season with fresh apple cider, or enjoy locally-roasted coffee with your dessert.
• Look for fresh bread, rolls, and specialty pies (by advance order) to round out your meal.
For Thanksgiving weekend, market hours will change slightly. The market will be open Monday through Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Local Roots will be closed on Thanksgiving Day itself as well as on Friday, Nov. 25. The market will reopen at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 26 for the first of two holiday Artisan Days.
Local Roots would like to thank all the local farmers, bakers, and other food producers for another bountiful harvest!
As a year-round market for locally-produced foods and other agricultural products, Local Roots Market is located at 140 S. Walnut St. in Wooster. The market is open weekdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m, and the café is open daily from 11 a.m. (9 a.m. on Saturday) to 3 p.m. Membership is not required to shop. To learn more about weekly news and events at the market, visit the web site at www.localrootswooster.com and sign up for the newsletter.
Published: November 10, 2011